|<< previous session||next session >>|
sessions // implications for practice
- Will we have to change the way we do things?
- How can we accommodate a new generation of students?
- How are the new technologies being appropriated by these students?
- Will we get left behind if we don't consider the changing learning needs of youngsters today?
- Will students turn away from us because we're stuck with transmission-style teaching where there is a focus on 'facts' or subject matter rather than critique, analysis, evaluation of the huge amounts of material that they need to control?
- Will language and academic skills and information literacy providers fall by the wayside if they don't begin to teach anaysis, synthesis, evaluation, critique, information management in different ways?
Session notes (doc 32 KB)
reading and other source material
If you would like to suggest some reading or other source material for this session, email us at Learning Futures.